Competitiveness

It’s friday early in the morning and the streets are cold and desolated. Four hours, closed book written exam and dictionaries are not allowed. To be honest, it’s my last exam and this one means a big challenge for me. If you really know me, you can guess why. 
I’m not afraid... I’m not nervous ... I can’t feel... I’m already frozen... 

I use to bike and listen to music. I won’t forget the song playing on my way to the slaughter. This song is still in my mind. The perfect song...

Lucha de gigantes
convierte,
el aire en gas natural
un duelo salvaje 
advierte,
lo cerca que ando de entrar
En un mundo descomunal
siento mi fragilidad....

I arrive to the building, a huge building furnished only with computers that will help to accomplish the assignment. It’s my last year in CBS, I must admit that the environment is very completive and individualistic. Regarding to exams and assignments, nobody is gonna be there to share some knowledge or experiences... you’re there, by yourself... and this building become a place where you can win or lose, it is a fight against yourself. 

Vaya pesadilla
corriendo, 
con una bestia detrás
dime que es mentira todo, 
un sueño tonto y no más
Me da miedo la enormidad 
donde nadie oye mi voz.

It is a fight against yourself, but it’s still important how the others perceive you. If the others see weakness then they will see weakness forever in their minds until the end. This could be a crudely description but then, why was that girl trying to hide that she failed her courses in France? She explained that she found those courses interesting in CBS this semester and that’s why she took more courses. A semester already charged of material and assignments, she is there alone, with her secret. 

Deja de engañar
no quieras ocultar
que has pasado sin tropezar 
monstruo de papel
no sé contra quien voy
o es que acaso hay alguien más aqui?

English and Danish, two languages that I have to improve in a short period of time. A challenge that becomes a monster to fight, a ghost to face with courage. Maybe some can say that they have done things better, maybe they can laugh. I finish the exam proud and smiling. I leave with my bike, breathing the fresh air of this cold day.

Creo en los fantasmas terribles
de algún extraño lugar
y en mis tonterías 
para hacer tu risa estallar

En un mundo descomunal 
siento tu fragilidad.

and I did it !!! So I can say that I’m fighting right. 


Comments

Popular Posts